Professional Photography Services
Whether you need family photos, personal portraits or special events, I offer customized photo packages that fit your personal circumstances. Using the latest in digital software and equipment, you can get the images from your photo sessions at a faster time.
Event photography is making photographs of guests and occurrences at typically corporate or professional (career/work-related) events.
Some examples of such events include:
- Trade shows
- Retirement dinners
- Holiday parties
- Corporate anniversaries and appreciation events
- Office open houses
Family Gatherings and Occasions mean something special . . . something that happens seldom or is notable when it does. These are occasions, such as:
- Maternity / Birth – This is not only a birth announcement, but also may be the story of the pregnancy and the first year.
- Rites of Passage – Include celebrations like: Baptism, Bar/Mitzvah, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, Quinceanera, Sweet Sixteen, Prom or any other significant rite of passage, including funeral.
- Graduation – This can be from school (high school, college, elementary school, etc.), a service program (military or civilian service) or completion of a training program.
- Engagement / Shower / Stag-and-Doe / Wedding – Announce the engagement and all the other related celebrations through to describing the wedding, but possibly the best use is to tell the story of the relationship!
- Birthday – Any major birthday, from 1 to 100 (and beyond) will do.
- Honours – Any kind of awards or honors, whether related to workplace, a civic organization, sports, military or others.
- Wedding Anniversary – Celebrate your years together by telling the story of your relationship . . . or someone else’s!
Breaking out your camera during a family event can be hectic. Before you’ve had the chance to set your exposure, grown adults yell for you to take their picture in unflattering light, kids are shoving their faces into your lens (much too close to even focus) and everyone demands to see the pictures immediately after you have taken them.
Or, there’s the person who covers their face every time you try to capture a beautiful candid moment of them; I am sure this has happened to everyone at some time! Nothing is off limits and yet you’re not allowed to be a fly on the wall when you photograph family and close friends. Don’t get caught!
From weddings, engagement photos and portraits, to photography for family reunions and birthday celebrations, I am always honored to be invited to capture the memories created at these special events.
Portraiture & Headshots
Wikipedia defines portrait photography or portraiture, as a photograph of a person or group of people that capture the personality of that subject, by using effective lighting, backdrops, and poses.
A portrait should be artistic and is frequently commissioned for special occasions, such as weddings or to serve as a memento of a relationship. Portraits can also serve many other purposes, such as on a web site or to display in the lobby of a business.
Wikipedia defines a headshot as a modern portrait where the focus is solely on the person. The term is usually applied to professional profile images on social media like Linked In, the “about us page” on a corporate website and pictures used for promotional purposes.
A headshot is just that and includes the person’s face and perhaps shoulders. Head shots can even be a smartphone selfie . . . It identifies the person, but doesn’t tell you anything about them.
To summarize . . . the main difference between a headshot and a portrait is that a head shot identifies someone while a portrait tells you something about them.
PhotoRichard can help develop the image and style you may need or want.
Portraiture and headshots involve people . . . and so does Boudoir.
Boudoir photography is a photographic style featuring intimate or romantic images of its subjects in a photographic studio or other environment.
It typically features subjects who do not regularly model and produces images that are not intended to be seen by a wide audience. I can provide more information about this facet of photography.