I have been asked many times about where I have travelled to in pursuit of my photographic prowess. I had not given this much thought, until I recently came upon Kate McCulley’s website : Adventurous Kate’s Solo Female Travel Blog. What a great idea!
During this past Holiday Season, I began to think about it more seriously. I perused over 25,000 photos which I have taken.
I have logged millions of kilometres worldwide, using many forms of transportation . . . airplane, automobile, bicycle, boat, cable car, cruise ship, ferry, funicular, moped, motorcycle, rickshaw, scooter, skateboard, skis, snowmobile, train and tuk-tuk.
I consulted Countries of the World and discovered that I have been to all 7 continents and 81 of 197 countries and territories worldwide!
Here’s a map (I have been to the countries shown in blue) showing these countries:
So here goes . . .
- AFRICA – Egypt, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, South Africa
- ANTARCTICA – Antarctica
- ASIA – Arctic, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- AUSTRALIA & OCEANIA – Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
- EUROPE – Arctic, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
- NORTH AMERICA – Antigua and Barbuda, Arctic, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Puerto Rico, Saint Martin, Sint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, US Virgin Islands
- SOUTH AMERICA – Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela
I have only begun to add my photographs from many years of travel; this will take some time, so please stay tuned. I will add new posts with new photos in my portfolio.
From behind the lens . . . Rick